Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Curd making using skimmed milk powder

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hello mam,

Can you please tell me detailed recipie of curd by using skimmed milk powder?

Mamta, on 6/5/2022 02:14pm

Hello Amol

There is no special recipe. You do exactly the same as with full cream milk.

Boil and cool the milk to hand warm. Stir in active/live natural yoghurt, about one full tsp per 500ml or half pint of milk, leave in a warm place for it to set. Here in UK, I use a litre sized, electric yoghurt maker, so that I have even temperature for it to set.

Mamta

CarlSmeety, on 16/3/2023 11:43am

I'm new to this forum, and I stumbled upon this thread. I'm interested in making my curd using dry whole milk powder https://www.znaturalfoods.com/products/whole-milk-powder, so I wanted to chime in and ask if that's possible. I've tried making curd before using regular milk, and it turned out great, but I've been looking for a way to make it with a longer shelf life, and I heard that using dry whole milk powder can help with that.

Also, I'm glad to see that making curd with skimmed milk powder is just as simple as making it with full cream milk. I've wanted to try making it with skimmed milk powder for a healthier option, but I was worried that the process might differ. I might have to invest in an electric yoghurt maker as you mentioned. It sounds like it could make the process even easier.

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com