Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Chicken Pathia

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi,

I've been wanting a good Pathia recipe for ages, found the prawn one here, tried it and liked it. Someone also posted here wanting to know if it can be modified for chicken, I just did it and it came out really well. I used 4 tbsps oil, pretty much doubled up everything else, used a 440g tin of chopped tomatoes.

I have tamarind paste rather than puree, I used about 4.5 tsps of tamarind with about 3 tsps of demerara sugar (when I made the prawn pathia, I used brown sugar which had a more toffee like flavour - should've used that this time).

Due to the amount of liquid, I used a good amount of tomato puree to thicken the sauce. Next time, I'll use a better quality tin of tomatoes as I used a cheap one which was more watery.

Kev, on 9/6/2015 08:33pm

I always use tinned whole tomatoes instead of chopped. I find you get more tomato than in the chopped tins. I just cut them with a knife or scissors.

wilsonz, on 10/6/2015 08:23am

I was told many years ago to never buy chopped tinned Tomatoes, they use an inferior Tomato as you cannot see the quality once it is chopped.

Mamta, on 12/6/2015 04:37am

That last post is fro mW, forgot to log in!

Mamta

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com