Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Chillies and candida albicans

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

This question might seem a little odd, but what are the effects of chilli peppers on candida albicans? I have read about garlic and onion being good for treating candida albicans but I'm not too sure about chilli peppers. some websites say to avoid chillies if you are suffering from an over growth of candida albicans and others say that they are useful.

Askcy, on 17/2/2010 10:26am

The infection should be treated using correct prescribed methods (creams, tablets etc depending the individuals case) but I would guess as its possible that its sore and inflamed that chillies are avoided because of the burn factor !

Steve

Mamta, on 17/2/2010 11:18am

Well, if Candida is in your mouth (ulcers etc.), then chillies are obviously going to cause pain. When Candida infection is elsewhere, I guess it will depend on how ill you are and how much chillies you are planning to eat. I am not aware of chillies being secreted in your bodily fluids, perhaps Lapis will know more?

Lapis, on 17/2/2010 12:25pm

I can't see any food doing any good other than provide the necessary nutrition, but I'm not spiritually inclined ;?)

Chilli heat is detected by receptors on certain parts of the body. Chillies contain all the other things in sweet peppers, other than the capsaicin heat inducing chemicals. Even though 'moist' areas of the body are connected and said to be isotonic, I cannot really see how eating chilles is going to affect a yeast growth.

Oils that are said to be anti fungal are

Tea tree oil

citronella oil

lemon grass oil

orange oil

patchouli oil

lemon myrtle oil

Sounds more like a perfume than a medicine. Nice smelling breath though!

jk, on 17/2/2010 01:41pm

is it possible that eating too much chillies could kill of certain good bacteria in the gut and allow candida albicans to thrive? I'm no expert on such things, but I read that eating too much onion and garlic can disrupt the intestinal flora. I came across this while looking for information on vitamin B12. some people claim that it is made naturally in the mouth and in the stomach and others say it comes from animal sources only. It said that eating too much onion, garlic, chilli, and spices can kill certain good bacteria and thus no B12 will be made.

there was a group of vegans living on a kibbutz and they couldn't figure out why they had high levels of vitamin B12, then they analysed the soil that they were growing the vegetables in and it turns out that because they were using their own faeces to grow the plants the B12 was coming from their intestines. I don't know if there is any truth in this (I don't believe everything I read on the internet). Maybe it's possible that chillies can kill certain bacteria and allow the yeast to thrive. Dunno.

Lapis, on 17/2/2010 05:52pm

unlikely, jk.

Chillies, apart from the obvious heat problems, is a pretty innocuous fruit. It seems evil because of the effect on the mouth, etc.

Onions and garlic contain sulphur compounds, but I think these, if eaten in anything but extreme amounts, would be OK for gut F&F.

As far as I was aware, vit B12 stays in the body, it is not excreted readily, I remember of figure of up to 30 years! I think it is also too large a molecule to be taken up by plants. Don't believe that!

amyc, on 12/10/2012 05:27pm

I also very curious about whether chilis kill candida. I read today that chili have heat to ward off fungus. Seems to me it would kill candida right? I am going to keep looking. I cant believe theres no clear information.

Mamta, on 13/10/2012 08:24am

if it does kill candida, it will be pretty painful putting it on infected area :0 Not sure how it will work if ingested.

Sid, on 13/10/2012 05:48pm

Am I correct in thinking that candida is a type of yeast infection?

Sid

laura, on 25/11/2012 03:00pm

I know that chilli alkalises your ph. candida thrives in acidic environments. would also like to know more.

Suresh, on 27/11/2012 12:54am

don't know where you got the notion that chillies increase the pH, and of what? And candida thrives in alkaline environments. A bit more reading is needed, Laura

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com