Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Liquor Filled Chocolate Recipe

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi Mamta,

Excellent website!

I have heard there are people in India at home who make their own liquor filled chocolates. Would you happen to have a recipe or have advice on where I could find one?

Thanks!

Mary

J Patnayak, on 22/11/2006 01:36pm

Hello Mary

I have been waiting for someone to reply to your mail too. I would love to make some myself.

Jaya

Kavey, on 22/11/2006 06:19pm

Mary

Are you referring to a specifically Indian recipe for liqueur-filled chocolates?

I have come across many European recipes for this but not specifically Indian ones as it's not a sweet I associate with Indian cuisine.

AskCy, on 22/11/2006 07:09pm

I didn't think alcohol was a big thing with Indian cuisine/culture but I was waiting to see what was said....

AskCy, on 23/11/2006 05:01pm

As this has had me waiting with baited breath (whatever that means?)..I've just done "a google" and lots of hits come up with Chocolate Liquer referring to the contents of how chocolate is made, not a chocolate filled with an alcoholic centre, maybe this has been confused somewhere in description?

Mamta, on 23/11/2006 05:58pm

I tried Google too Steven, no luck! I don't know anyone in India personally who makes chocolates at home, let alone liquer filled ones, so can't help with the recipes!

Mamta

jc, on 6/12/2006 05:23pm

try this web site ... www.recipelink.com/mf/0/73809

also try ... lhj.com ... go to the christmas candy recipes look for

( Fancy Liqueur Chocolates )

hope this helps

xx, on 28/12/2008 11:53am

hi, my ex made such a nice & tempteing liquor chocolate but she kept her recipe a top secreat & now when we are not togethere i really miss her & her home made liquor chocolates

Winton, on 7/1/2009 01:38pm

If what is meant is small chocolates with a liquid centre (like you get given at Christmas,) it seems theoretically possible in a domestic kitchen but I think you would need a lot of time, patience and experience of chocolate work.

There is the "easter egg' method by pouring a little melted chocolate into little chocolate moulds (as from Lakeland) swirl it round to just coat the mould, let it set, fill with liqueur then cover with another chocolate half then 'glue' them together with more chocolate to form a seal.

Or, pour a sugar syrup with the liqueur into impressions in a tray of starch let the syrup form a crust then lift out and paint it with chocolate.

Personally I will be sticking to making chocolate truffles! - for instance White Chocolate and Kirsch, Dark Chocolate and Rum, or Muscadines (Milk Chocolate, praline and Cointreau.

trupti, on 18/12/2010 05:15am

Hi mam,

im from India Bangalore i want to know how to make liquer filled chocolates for christmas, as u have given one reciepe link web site i tried on that but not able to open a website pls help me to do the same, is it compalsary to keep liquer chocolates should be keep it in a fridge.

Thanks & Rgds

Trupti

Mamta, on 18/12/2010 05:59am

I have never made them myself Truoti. This is the best recipe I could find on the web;http://www.chefeddy.com/2010/09/liquor-filled-chocolates/

singhupinder25@y, on 11/2/2011 06:40am

Well I do make Liquor filled chocolates. do you want it??

srishty, on 22/4/2012 02:28am

hey ,im a professional homemade chocolatier n i often use 3 techniques fr liq chocolate

1.for those who only wish to have a mild taste of liq in d chocolate mixing in liq.escence which is oil based product easily available is a gud choice.

2.the second option is to go in 4 d spclly desgined moulds fr liq chocolates

3.is to first paint the mould cavity with chocolate,freeze to create a shell.meanwhile make small gannache balls and inject any real liq in them.then fill the mould with gannache and top seal with chocolate.n freeze.

Thanx let me kno if this helped u.

amarsalunke@gmai, on 15/8/2012 08:15am

Hey Fellas!

Browsing thru net and got a really useful link on how to make liquer filled chocolate...

http://www.chefeddy.com/2010/09/liquor-filled-chocolates/

You would love the way Chef Eddy describe the entire procedure. Now I am looking for single serving - airline size bottle of Grand Marnier and Cointreu. Any idea where I can find the same in Mumbai/ Thane area? Please mail me at amarsalunke@gmail.com

Kavey, on 15/8/2012 08:37am

Glad you've found a good tutorial.

We don't have any information about suppliers, you will probably need to Google local businesses that sell alcohol. Good luck.

Prianca, on 22/12/2013 09:53am

Hey there... I have a question for Shrishty...

Where can one buy these specially designed liq chocolate molds from?

Kindly help me out as m desperately trying to find an easier way to make liq chocolates than the sugar crust starch mold ones....

Waiting for a quick response...

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com