|Sending us recipe photos? Please check here|
Dear Friends of MK
Many of you have kindly offered to send us photographs of finished Mamta's Kitchen recipes as well as recipes showing various stages of preparation.
Please can you keep the following requirements in mind when taking/ sending pictures.
1) Please turn off any camera settings that imprint the date or time onto the photograph.
2) Please take the photograph with your camera set to the highest quality and resolution JPEG it offers.
3) Try taking the image both with and without flash and send us both versions if you're not sure which is better. Other tips include ensuring that backgrounds are uncluttered and that dishes are plain in design if possible.
4) Please do not size the image down before sending it to us. Receiving the full larger size image allows us more flexibility with adjusting colour balance, cropping and so on. We can then size it down ourselves before adding it to the site.
5) Please include the recipe ID number (shows in the address bar when the recipe page is displayed) as well as the recipe title in the file name, if possible. If you're not sure how to do this, don't worry, just put a note into the email letting us know which filename equals which recipe.
6) Please send us your full name if you wish us to include your name on the picture to show that it was provided by you. If you're not bothered, let us know and we'll leave the picture without text as we do for our own.
7) If you are sending a number of large image files to us in one go, please contact me on email@example.com and I will provide an alternative email address for you to send them to that will not bounce them back to you because the mailbox is full or can't accept large emails. I don't want to publish it here because I'm trying to reduce the number of spams I receive to it.
Many thanks indeed,