Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Huge amount of water in the chicken

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2

Hi iam having a problem with the huge amounts of water that the chicken is releasing into the curry mix , it is watering it down really badly, if I cook the mix for a long time to reduce the water the chicken consistency goes really strange, does anyone else have the same problem, if so can you please give me a fix.

Many thanks

Mamta, on 28/12/2014 05:21pm

Was it fresh chicken? Sometimes frozen chicken has a lot of water that is released during cooking. You can drain the liquid off into another pan and boil it briskly until reduced. It may make your dish a tad too salty. You can reduce that by adding some thick yoghurt or sour cream, making sure that yoghurt is at room temperature.

Dave, on 28/12/2014 09:45pm

Yes I always use fresh chicken , maybe it is due to the huge amount of chicken breasts iam using at one time, I sometimes use up to 12 breasts in one dish.. I will try separating it out. Thanks

Kavey, on 29/12/2014 07:21pm

I never find chicken breast as good a meat to use for a curry as thigh/ leg. These are oilier and stand up better to longer cooking times, and remain moist too. Breast can become stringy so easily.

Mamta, on 30/12/2014 06:36am

Yes, I agree with Kavita. I also find that the chicken meat stays tender on bones. I use the fillets only when making it in crumbs or need boneless chicken for some special dish.

wilsonz, on 30/12/2014 07:56pm

It must come down to the quality of the Chicken breast. I also prefer thighs but always buy the best quality English chicken. Twelve breasts at a time, you must be cooking for a lot of people.

Mamta, on 31/12/2014 07:27am

Is it really true, I did not know this!!!

wilsonz, on 31/12/2014 10:10am

I can find no truth in this Mamta, where could you buy Chicken like this, certainly not in any British supermarket!!

wilsonz, on 31/12/2014 02:05pm

As stated previously, only buy British Chicken. The article in the paper refers to "imported chicken" so for goodness sake why use this at all? I also am dubious about this topic from our "Guest" I wonder where he gets his/her Lamb from??

Mamta, on 31/12/2014 04:29pm

Wilnoz, 'guest' posts can be from people who are simply having some trouble during posting. Once posted as 'guest', they are unable to delete it, unless they ask one of us to do it. It happens to me sometimes, but since I have the option to delete and repost here, so it is easier for me.

If they/you post the same message again, with your name and title of the message this time, one of us will automatically delete the duplicate 'guest' one, when we see it.

Dave, on 1/1/2015 12:39pm

There are two guests talking here, me, dave talking about reducing the water from my British chicken which I buy at my local Asian super market , and the other guest talking about weird imported chicken , just thought I would be clear about that.

Kavey, on 3/1/2015 11:36am

I've deleted the link to the DM article. I find much of what they publish to be uninformed at best, often deliberately misrepresentative. By all means, please discuss relevant issues, but preferably without reference to gutter press.

Would also love to encourage our visitors to post using a name, rather than leaving the field empty and posting as "guest". It doesn't have to be your real name, but if you use it consistently, it gives you an ongoing persona on the boards, which is welcome for interaction with others.

Thank you

Kavita

(Admin)

Rajneesh, on 3/1/2015 12:42pm

Bloody hell, cow's tummy as chicken breast?? Never heard about this. It would be eating tripe which is a lot smellier with different texture.

wilsonz, on 3/1/2015 09:20pm

Totally agree Kavey on both counts.

Mamta, on 5/1/2015 06:20am

That last 'guest' post was from me. I am not at my desktop and my tablet is not letting me post/log in.

Mamta

Sid, on 5/1/2015 12:08pm

Guest posts 7 and 10 from the top are from me - Sid. I left out my name because I'd tried posting something three times prior and each time the messages came up as blank. So I commented on another thread (the chilli pickle one I think) and then my message showed up. So then I came back to this thread and left comments as a guest and it worked fine.

Kavey, on 6/1/2015 09:47am

Weird, Sid, not sure what happened there.

Still, seems sorted now.

x

Kev, on 22/1/2015 02:26pm

I find supermarket chicken/meat to be full of water. I only buy from my local butcher. The personal interaction is better too.

Page: 1 2

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com