Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Bakara

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi, all does anybody know the recipe for a bakara sauce?I do belive it involve's green peppers to some degree,tried the search to no avail.Thanks Percy.

Mamta, on 20/2/2006 06:47am

What is Bakara? I am not familiar with the word. The recipes described in different menus under this name are totally different to each other. It isn't Bukhara, is it?

My guess is that it is a name given to a chicken dish by restaurateurs from a particular region. One menu says .Chicken or lamb tikka grilled over charcoal, cooked with onions, pepper, coriander in a special thick sauce.. This is not too different from Chicken Jalfrezi - http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=10466 , only chicken may be grilled/oven cooked, rather than pan fried.

If you describe the dish, someone here might be able to help.

Mamta

percy, on 20/2/2006 08:11pm

Hi Matma,the spelling is bakara i think you are correct,as you seem to have what it state's on the menu,(chicken roasted in tandoori oven and cooked with tomatoes onions,green peppers and fresh coriander leaves in a medium strength suace) was just not sure how to bring it all together.Thank you

AskCy, on 20/2/2006 11:11pm

Yes we often find spellings vary grately depending on where/who and when something was written/translatted etc..

I suppose its only like regional variations we see in other places (like here in England) I call a bread bun (sort of thing you might have a burger on) a teacake (but in other areas that would be a bun with currants in it)..the same bun is called a bap, bun, oven bottom, bread cake, barm and a whole host of other things in different areas... and thats without having to translate into a different language...

thax, on 5/5/2006 06:20am

Abakara is also a 'Goat' - hencea Bakar curry

Mamta, on 5/5/2006 12:33pm

You are right, though a Hindi/Urdu word for goat is pronounced as 'bakra or bukra', rather than Bakara!

Thanks

Mamta

Percy, on 18/8/2006 09:28pm

Hi Matma,

have tried a few times at getting this sauce right,but to no avail,recently did a goggle of bakara sauce,is popular in some places,all core ingredient's seem correct but cannot master ,this green pepper sauce,any advice would be helpfull.Percy

Mamta, on 19/8/2006 10:36am

Hello Percy

If you are trying to match a recipe on this site (or from elsewhere on the net), to a dish that you have eaten at a restaurant, it is unlikely that you will get it exactly right. The place where you ate it probably has a slightly different version of the dish than I have as Jalfrezi. Please tell me which recipe you are folowing and the steps you are following, then I might be able to help.

Mamta

reynard-dargent, on 15/3/2016 04:27pm

There's a place just opened near me that offers a chicken or lamb bakara. They list it as being a hot dish with a sauce made from pureed fresh green chillies...

Mamta, on 16/3/2016 06:33am

Is tha sauce like a Mint/coriander chutney?

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com