Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Raw mangoes are in season, here are few recipe ideas!

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Raw mango season is here. This is the time to make mango pickle/chutneys and other dishes like Aamras. You can buy raw, unripe mangoes from most Indian grocers. Select firm/hard ones, not the ones that are beginning to soften. If you like mangoes, here are a few recipes to try;

Mango Hot Pickle - Gupta Family Style

Mango Pickle with Asafoetida - Hot!

This pickle is eaten in most north Indian homes, but it is not easily available ready-made.

Mango Pickle with Chick Peas

Mango Pickle with Garlic

Coriander, Mint and Green Mango Chutney , a popular chutney served with many Indian snacks, as well as main meal.

Mango Panna, a Drink

Mango Amras or Panna, A Sweet & Sour Side Dish or Drink

If you have any other tried and tested, feel free to submit your recipes, with pictures

phil, on 21/5/2013 08:53pm

Hi Mamta

Don't know where to get raw mangoes. Not in France, I guess. I'm in Manchester, England right now: any suggestions?

I fancy doing my own mango chutney!

Phil

Mamta, on 22/5/2013 06:24pm

Hi Phil

I guess you will find them at good/large Indian grocers. Make sure they are hard, not going a bit soft. Once they begin to go soft, they are no good for pickles, or for chutneys that requires cooking. It my actually already be a bit late for pickling mangoes, but you may get lucky!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com